Erie, Harborcreek and Millcreek, PA
Tooth loss is much more common than you might realize. In fact, more than 35 million Americans lack all of their upper and/or lower teeth.
An advance in the science of restorative dentistry now provides a solution. Laser Dentistry of Erie can replace a complete dental arch of teeth using the All-On-4 system of dental implants.
What is the All-On-4 system?
All-On-4 implants consist of the following components:
- Replacement teeth, matched in shape and color to look like your remaining natural teeth
- Four dental implants, placed strategically in the mouth to support the replacement teeth.
Here is what a patient can expect when Laser Dentistry of Erie installs an All-On-4 system:
- That morning, our staff will take impressions of your mouth before installing the four implants into the mouth.
- You can then go home, or wait in the office, while the replacement teeth are made in the laboratory.
- Next, permanent replacement teeth are placed in the mouth—which often can occur the same day the implants are installed.
The benefits of All-On-4
- You receive your replacement teeth quickly. With a regular dental implant, you might have to wait at least three months for the healing process to run its course. The healing process typically takes approximately three months, and a diet of soft foods is advised for the first six to eight weeks following the procedure.
- Any additional bone loss is prevented. This is because the implants are fused into the jawbone, replacing the roots of missing teeth.
- The facial structure of patients with All-On-4 often looks younger.
- It is a convenient and cost effective way to permanently replace missing teeth on the same arch, especially compared to having a dental implant to replace each lost tooth.
Installing an All-On-4 system is a complex procedure that requires special additional training in restorative dentistry, as well as oral surgery. The staff at Laser Dentistry of Erie has this training. If you or a member of your family is living with a lost dental arch of teeth, regain your smile and your oral health in a single day. Contact the office by calling (814) 825-2615 to schedule a consultation and learn more about All-On-4 implants, or any of our other restorative treatment options.
Laser Dentistry of Erie serves Erie, PA and the surrounding areas.