Erie, Harborcreek and Millcreek, PA
Choosing Invisalign® to get straight teeth means that you don’t have to worry about people noticing. But, you still may feel self-conscious wearing aligners while socializing since they may alter your speech initially, and they have to be removed before eating. But don’t let these things ruin a good time. That’s why our licensed Invisalign® provider in Erie, Dr. Albert Starr, put together this list of helpful tips for wearing your Invisalign® aligners while socializing.
- Rethink Your Snack Habits: While reiterating that you can eat whenever you like, you need to understand that if you succumb to the temptations like cookies, cakes, or similar treats while wearing your Invisalign® aligners, you risk damaging them. That one bite of a delicacy you discover at your next event could turn a good time into a distressing affair. This is why Dr. Starr always recommends patients remove their aligners before eating.
- Choose Beverages Wisely: How could one little drink ruin a durable plastic aligner? Well, popular beverages such as coffee, wine, and soda should be avoided while wearing your aligners. Drink water instead. Or remove your aligners before enjoying a flavored beverage.
- Have a System: Since you only can remove your Invisalign® aligners for a couple of hours each day, you need to have a strategy when it comes to snacking and eating. Instead of grazing on food all day, it’s a wiser choice to indulge in one longer satisfying sitting. Eating sporadically throughout the day means you might be taking your aligners in and out repeatedly, which increases the likelihood of damage, or you may forget to put your aligners back in.
- Proper Storage: Take proper care of your Invisalign® aligners if you want to make sure they continue to perform at optimum levels. Always store your aligners in their designated case when not in use. Make sure you place the aligners inside that case anytime they’re not in your mouth. Anytime you’re headed to a social gathering where you expect to chow down, make sure to bring your case with you. Under no circumstance should you put your aligners in your pocket, on the table while eating, or shoved loose into the bottom of your purse.
- Smile All You Want: If you follow our previously stated steps for a successful night out while wearing Invisalign®, then it’s time to enjoy reaping the rewards of this state-of-art orthodontic treatment system. You chose Invisalign® for a reason—because your aligners are transparent, allowing you to straighten your teeth every day in a discreet way without the obvious metal brackets and wires. You can laugh, smile, and socialize with confidence as you spend time with friends, family, and coworkers and peers.
Invisalign® in Erie
Dr. Albert Starr is proud to be a licensed provider of Invisalign® for patients in the areas of Erie, Harborcreek, and Millcreek in Pennsylvania. Millions of people chose Invisalign® to straighten their teeth because the aligners are convenient, comfortable, metal-free, and removable. Invisalign® also may produce results more quickly than braces.
Maybe you’ve heard about Invisalign® and want to learn more about this method of treatment. Dr. Starr can provide you with a functional, comfortable set of plastic aligners built from digital images and impressions of your unique teeth and bite. These aligners apply gentle pressure to correct the alignment of your teeth. From there, you’ll work your way through several sets of aligners until treatment has been completed. To find out more, contact Laser Dentistry of Erie by calling (814) 825-2615 to schedule your consultation today.