Erie, Harborcreek and Millcreek, PA
Society continues to place an increasing emphasis on the importance of an attractive appearance. Many of us idolize celebrities for their flawless-looking skin and perfect teeth. In reality, though, very few people are born with a perfect, beautiful smile. Most of the celebrities you see walking the red carpet in Hollywood needed a little help to achieve that gorgeous smile—and that help often comes from cosmetic dentistry.
A specialization of dental science, cosmetic dentistry uses state-of-the-art techniques and technologies with the goal of improving aesthetic issues of the teeth and mouth. Cosmetic dentistry is one of the areas of expertise of your local Erie dentist, Dr. Albert Starr, who currently holds active membership in the International Association of Physiologic Aesthetics. Dr. Starr regularly pursues continuing education, in order to remain up to speed on the latest advances in cosmetic dentistry so that he can provide great-looking, highly functional results to each of his patients.
Here are some of the ways that Laser Dentistry of Erie can use cosmetic dentistry to improve the appearance of your smile.
- Cosmetic Bonding: An attractive treatment choice for many patients because of its versatility, convenience, and relatively low cost. A bonding procedure usually can resolve a variety of minor cosmetic flaws, including repair of chips, small cracks, and slight fractures, or concealing an unwanted gap between two teeth.
- Veneers: Able to be applied on a single tooth or completely cover the visible surfaces of teeth on an entire dental arch, veneers are versatile and yield beautiful results, correcting issues such as chips, minor crookedness, unwanted gaps, and stains that do not respond to teeth whitening procedures. Laser Dentistry of Erie offers three types of veneers: composite, porcelain, and Lumineers. To determine which option is best for you, consider a consultation with Erie’s expert cosmetic dentist Dr. Starr.
- Crowns: This procedure can replace the entire exterior of a tooth, even one that has been damaged due to decay or injury, and prevents total tooth loss. All crowns used by your local Erie dentist have an exterior of dental porcelain, a beautiful and durable material that reflects light in a similar manner to natural tooth enamel. Dr. Albert Starr also can match the crown to the shade of your other natural, healthy teeth.
- Whitening: The most popular procedure in cosmetic dentistry, a professional teeth-whitening procedure can produce a brighter, whiter smile in an hour or less. Laser Dentistry of Erie uses highly concentrated whitening agents that achieve beautiful, longer-lasting results while not causing the enhanced sensitivity that is common with many store-bought teeth whitening kits.
- Invisalign: Improve the appearance of your smile and achieve straighter teeth without your friends and family ever realizing it through Invisalign, which uses a series of sets of clear plastic aligners to apply gentle pressure that guides teeth into their preferred alignment. Invisalign is discreet, the aligners are removable, and Invisalign users report this method as being more comfortable than other orthodontic treatment systems such as braces.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Erie
Make sure to choose the right cosmetic dentist to serve your needs and help you achieve your aesthetic goals. Dr. Starr would love to meet with you and discuss your cosmetic aspirations. Schedule your consultation today by calling our office at (814) 825-2615.
Laser Dentistry of Erie is proud to serve Erie, Pennsylvania, and the surrounding areas.