Erie, Harborcreek and Millcreek, PA
Cosmetic bonding is one of the most versatile procedures in the arsenal of the cosmetic dental team at Laser Dentistry of Erie. Bonding also is an extremely convenient and economical way to transform your smile, repairing minor cosmetic problems.
Is cosmetic bonding right for me?
Cosmetic bonding can be used to repair any of the following issues:
- Damage due to tooth decay
- To close a space or gap between teeth
- To change the appearance of a tooth that is short, discolored, or misshapen
- To repair a tooth that is slightly fractured
- To replace older dental fillings
- To protect tooth roots exposed due to receding gums
- To resolve tooth sensitivity caused by receding gums
- Repair badly stained teeth that do not respond to traditional methods of teeth whitening
What can you expect from a cosmetic bonding procedure?
Some patients may need to be numb for the procedure, depending on the case. Then, Dr. Albert Starr will remove any damaged area of the tooth, if any, and lightly buff the tooth to help the material adhere. A special liquid bonding agent is then applied and dried. Then, the tooth-colored resin is adhered to the tooth, and the material is hardened under a special ultraviolet light.
Cosmetic bonding will not last forever; the average lifespan of treatment ranges between three and 10 years. Patients can prolong the life of a cosmetic bonding procedure by maintaining a thorough regimen of dental hygiene that includes brushing and flossing daily, and visiting your dentist at least twice per year for an examination and professional cleaning.
Advantages of dental bonding
- Convenience. In most cases, bonding treatments can be completed in a single appointment, whereas many other cosmetic dental procedures entail multiple visits.
- Economical. Because cosmetic dentistry uses cutting-edge materials and state-of-the-art technology and materials, it can be quite expensive. Cosmetic bonding is one of the least expensive treatment options available.
- Comfortable. Many cosmetic bonding procedures are completed without the use of any sort of anesthesia.
- Natural results. Cosmetic bonding is made to match your natural teeth or make them appear whiter. Results appear natural, blending in with your smile.
Want to learn more about cosmetic bonding? Contact the office of Laser Dentistry of Erie, LLC, by calling (814) 825-2615.
Laser Dentistry of Erie serves Erie, PA and the surrounding areas.